If you have never experienced an Indian head massage before, you may be thinking that all that rhythmic rubbing of your head could get a bit uncomfortable but this couldn’t be further from the truth as there are a number of benefits of Indian head massage.
Indian head massages have been around for thousands of years and it has been used to relieve a variety of everyday ailments and stresses during that time. The aim of Indian head massage is to release tension in the muscles and joints of the head, face, neck and shoulders. Indian head massage can also help with relieving fatigue, insomnia, headaches, and sinusitis. The experience is deeply calming and relaxing, leaving a feeling of increased energy, concentration and revitalisation.
Here are some of the benefits of this type of massage:
- Aids in the relief of migraines.
- Tension in the mid back, neck and head can lead to headaches and migraines. With your massage focusing on applying pressure to the mid back, arms and shoulders to reduce tension in the muscles. Massage around the neck and head encourages circulation of cerebral fluid and reduce headache causing blockages.
- Promotes Hair Growth.
- Massage to the scalp and head increases nourishment and oxygen to the hair follicle which in turn stimulates hair growth – so an Indian Head Massage could mean lovely longer hair! Each hair follicle needs equal amount of nutrients to go into them for the proper growth of each of the strands. Therefore the more massage you have (also accompanied by a good shampoo), the greater the chances of good hair growth.
- Stimulates Lymphatic Drainage.
- The lymphatic system removes waste products from the tissues and back to the heart. Indian head massage aids in this process by stimulating circulation, encouraging the natural drainage of the lymph.
- Relieves insomnia and fatigue.
- Indian head massage relieves stress and tension within the body by promoting relaxation. This allows a deep sense of well being and relaxation, which in turn affects your sleep cycle.
- Relieves symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Massaging the head encourages the supply of oxygen to the brain which is one of the best ways of reducing anxiety and of lifting one’s mood.
- Renews energy levels.
- An Indian Head Massage works with the Ayurvedic concept which goes beyond the limits of healing and places emphasis on balance. Working on the chakras through Indian Massage has a powerful effect in bringing the energy of the body back into balance.
- Boost memory capabilities
- Often we have short-term memory difficulties because our brains are overloaded with disorganised thoughts, making it very difficult for us to efficiently ‘think’! Indian Head Massage slows us down, sensual awareness takes over, thoughts quieten and awareness is brought to the forefront.
Does this sound like something you need in your life? Book an Indian Head Massage with us now: https://bit.ly/BookAHealingTouch and feel all these benefits and more!