Our Sunday spotlight for this fortnight is looking into what is reflexology and what benefits can you enjoy from enjoying this treatment.
What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a treatment based on the principle that there are areas and points on the feet, hands, and ears that are connected through the nervous system to corresponding parts of the body. When pressure is applied to these areas and points it stimulates the movement of energy along the nerve channels and helps to restore balance in the body.
It is hard to imagine, but there are approximately 7,000 nerve endings in the human foot and each of them are a reflex point that corresponds to a body part. Reflexologists use special finger and thumb manipulations to stimulate these points and they know exactly which area of the foot corresponds to which body part.
So what are the benefits of reflexology?
- Here is the ‘sciencey’ bit – Reflexology is known to open neural pathways and flood the nervous system with neuron activity which puts the body in a more relaxed state. By utilising this, reflexology can be used to cure sleep disorders such as Insomnia and help your body get back to its normal, healthy circadian rhythms.
- IMPROVEMENT OF YOUR NERVE FUNCTIONS:
- As we age, the nerve endings become less sensitive . With reflexology helping to open up and cleanse these neural pathways, it can help improve functionality and flexibility of nerves and cells in various organs in the body.
- IMPROVEMENT IN YOUR BRAIN POWER.
- This is one we all need! By the stimulations and opening of these pathways, information flows much faster and more effectively to you brain which would help you brain to handle the process the information faster which would result in a much faster cognitive and physical reactions and a boost in your memory.
- INCREASED BLOOD CIRCULATION IN YOUR BODY:
- The most well-known benefit of reflexology is an improvement in blood circulation throughout your body, which means that blood along with oxygen gets cycled and delivered through the body more efficiently.
- ELIMINATING YOUR BODY’S TOXINS:
- By improving the blood circulation, Reflexology improves bladder function resulting in a more efficient system of eliminating toxins.
- There are so many other benefits including :
- Boosting your energy level.
- Reducing headaches
- Relieving discomfort from pregnancy
With all these benefits, what are you waiting for to book an appointment?!
It is so easy to do:
You can book the appointments
- via Facebook.
- via our Appointments system on our website.
- dropping us an email on [email protected]/ahealingtouch
- Call us 07765 531 425.