What is microdermabrasion? The SkinBase™ Facial microdermabrasion treatment uses a stream of non-allergenic crystals to remove your skin’s outermost layers of dead cells. Your therapist will use the handset to direct the stream of crystal over the treatment area and, where necessary, target specific zones. The handset then uses a mild suction to draw away the
crystal and skin debris to reveal your new and improved complexion.
The SkinBase™ Facial is chemical free and non-invasive yet achieves amazing results revealing younger, healthier looking skin from the very first treatment. The skin’s appearance is further improved through increased collagen & elastin production as your body produces a new layer of skin.
Some frequently asked questions taken from the Skinbase Website:
- How quickly can I expect to see results?
- You will see results immediately and with each subsequent treatment your skin will continue to look progressively better.
- Is The SkinBase Facial™ only suitable for use on the face?
- No, The SkinBase Facial™ is fantastic on pigmentation, lines and stretch marks anywhere on the body.
- How often should I have The SkinBase Facial™ ?
- Treatments are usually performed every 7 to 10 days but your SkinBase therapist will confirm this with you.
- Are there any side effects to the treatment?
- After the treatment, the skin may feel tight with mild redness. Therefore it is important that you use a good moisturiser. These effects normally subside within 36 hours of treatment.
- I have suffered from reactions to other facials, will this be the same with The SkinBase Facial™?
- Crystal microdermabrasion uses a sterile compound with zero risk of allergic reaction. Your SkinBase therapist will provide a patch test on the back of your forearm for added reassurance
- How many treatments should I have?
- SkinBase recommend a course of 8, however your SkinBase therapist will talk this through with you following your initial consultation. People with acne or acne scarring might need more treatments and we recommend a monthly maintenance treatment after each course has finished to help maintain the results achieved.